Calendar of Korean Events in Toronto
Want to know what’s happening? Then you’ve come to the right place. We list all the Korean and Korean-Canadian events in Toronto we hear about here – whether it’s a festival, concert, film, party, book launch, or sports event. If it’s got a Korean connection, then we want you to know about it! Plus we’ll give you all the necessary info we can so you can attend the fun Korean events, including how much it costs (if it’s not free) and where to buy tickets. Check back regularly to stay in the know on Korean events in Toronto. You know we have you covered!
Courtesy of TIFF
- What: A police detective runs into problems investigating a high-profile case when it leads the heir of a powerful conglomerate.
- Where: Empress Walk Cineplex and Yonge-Dundas Cineplex
- When: Opens Friday, September 18th **still playing**
- Why: It’s funny, fast-paced entertainment. Check out our review for more info!
- How much: $7-14 depending on the day (online or at the theatre)
Poster courtesy of YG
BIGBANG concert in Toronto
- What: BIGBANG is finally coming to Toronto! Let you VIP out and come party with BIGBANG at their 2015 World Tour ‘MADE’ in Canada. Don’t wait, they’ll sell out fast!
- Where: Air Canada Centre (ACC)
- When: Tuesday, October 13th @ 8:00 pm
- Why: Umm… because it’s BIGBANG and they’re coming to Toronto?!
- How much: It looks like they will be $65-250 but will update as soon as more info is available
- Tickets: Online
- Earlybird – Tuesday, June 9th @ 10:00 am EST
- Regular – Friday, June 12th @ 10:00 am EST
- What: BigBang are celebrating the end of their MADE tour with an official after-party! Yep, after their Toronto concert you can party with G-Dragon, TOP, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. **19+**
- Where: The Muzik Box (15 Saskatchewan Road)
- When: Tuesday, October 13th
- Why: Hello, you get to party with BigBang!?! How cool is that?
- How much: $135 (early bird)
Sultan of The Disco
- What: Sultan of The Disco is coming back to Toronto – they played Canadian Music Week (CMW) in May – for a show that you won’t want to miss.
- Where: Lee’s Palace (529 Bloor Street West)
- When: Tuesday, October 13th
- Why: They were amazing at CMW – so much energy, so much fun to watch (and interview).
Korean Cuisine Festival
- What: Korean food festival? What’s not to love?
- Where: St. Michael’s College Charbonnel Lounge (U of T, )
- When: Saturday, October 17 at 3:00 pm
2015 K-pop Halloween Party
- What: A Halloween K-pop dance party.
- Where: Club 120 (120 Church Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto)
- When: Friday October 30, 2015 at 9:00 pm
- Why: It’s fun to dance to K-pop~ It’s even more fun to dress up in costume and dance to K-pop.
- How much: $11 (earlybird until June 30th), $16 (online)
Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival
- What: The 19th Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (Reel Asian).
- Where: More details coming soon
- When: November 5-15, 2015 (various times)
- Why: More details coming soon on this year’s films.
- How much: More details coming soon, on sale Tuesday, October 6th
- For more info: Check out their website
Want your event listed? Please let us know!! Send an email to the editor at cindy@ATKmagazine.com about any Korean-related event, concert, film, performance or festival and we’ll add it to the calendar. Invite us to cover your event and we’ll help promote it too! ^^