Calendar of Korean Events in Toronto
Want to know what’s happening? Then you’ve come to the right place. We list all the Korean and Korean-Canadian events in Toronto we hear about here – whether it’s a festival, concert, film, party, book launch, or sports event. If it’s got a Korean connection, then we want you to know about it! Plus we’ll give you all the necessary info we can so you can attend the fun Korean events, including how much it costs (if it’s not free) and where to buy tickets. Check back regularly to stay in the know on Korean events in Toronto. You know we have you covered!
The Wailing (곡성)
- What: A stranger shows up at a village and a mysterious illness starts killing people. A cop and shaman team up to investigate.
- Where: Cineplex Empress Walk and Cineplex Yonge Dundas
- When: Opens Friday, June 3rd **playing now**
- Why: It’s a gripping combination of supernatural thriller, dark comedy and horror. Definitely worth a watch!
- How much: $7-14 depending on the day
Toronto Korean Film Festival (TKFF)
- What: A film festival devoted to Korean film.
- Where: Opening Night at Toronto Centre for the Arts (5040 Yonge St), the rest of the festival is at Innis Town Hall (2 Sussex Ave, Toronto)
- When: Friday, June 17 – Friday, June 24, 2016
- How much: Single tickets: $12.00 (online); Festival pass: $80.00 (online). You can also buy tickets at the festival!
Want your event listed? Please let us know!! Send an email to the editor at cindy@ATKmagazine.com about any Korean-related event, concert, film, performance or festival and we’ll add it to the calendar. Invite us to cover your event and we’ll help promote it too! ^^