Want to know what’s happening? Then you’ve come to the right place. We list all the Korean and Korean-Canadian events in Toronto we hear about here – whether it’s a festival, concert, film, party, book launch, or sports event. If it’s got a Korean connection, then we want you to know about it! Plus we’ll give you all the necessary info we can so you can attend the fun Korean events, including how much it costs (if it’s not free) and where to buy tickets. Check back regularly to stay in the know on Korean events in Toronto. You know we have you covered!
The Outlaws (범죄도시)
- What: Based on real events that occurred in 2007 dubbed the “Heuksapa Incident”. The story follows a turf war that grows between a local gang that runs Garibong-dong in Guro District, Seoul and the Heuksapa gang from Yanbian, China; the police are called in to attempt to bring peace to the neighborhood. [synopsis courtesy of Cineplex]
- Where: Cineplex Empress Walk (5095 Yonge Street)
- When: Opens Friday, October 13th **still playing**
- Why: Korea does gangster films well and it’s based on a true story.
- How much: $7-14 depending on the day – online
- For more info: Check out Cineplex’s website
Just Music “We Effect” Tour – Toronto
- What: Just Music is bringing a great lineup to Toronto for one show that includes Swings (스윙스), C Jamm
Ossun Gum, Blacknut 김대웅, Han Yohan 한요한, Giriboy 기리보이, Genius Nochang, Goretexx, and Bill Stax. Tickets are 90% sold out!
- Where: The Opera House (735 Queen Street East)
- When: Monday, November 20 @ 7:00 – 10:30 pm
- Why: It’s not one but a whole crew of artists.
- For more info: Check out their Facebook page
Want your event listed? Please let us know!! Send an email to the editor at cindy@ATKmagazine.com about any Korean-related event, concert, film, performance or festival and we’ll add it to the calendar. Invite us to cover your event and we’ll help promote it too! ^^