Calendar of Korean Events in Toronto
Want to know what’s happening? Then you’ve come to the right place. We list all the Korean events in Toronto here – whether it’s a festival, concert, film, party or sports event. If it’s got a Korean connection, then we want you to know about it! Plus we’ll give you all the necessary info we can so you can attend the fun Korean events, including how much it costs (if it’s not free) and where to buy tickets. Check back regularly to stay in the know on Korean events in Toronto. You know we have you covered!
Arirang Chef Korea
- What: A cooking competition open to everyone!
- Prelimary round: Galleria Supermarket (York Mills Branch)
- Final round: Galleria Supermarket (Thornhill Branch)
- Prelimary round: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 @ 6:30pm
- Final round: Thursday, April 23, 2015 @ 9:00pm
- Why: Win cool prizes like: $300 Cash, a gift set by Missha Canada or a $100 Galleria Supermarket Certificate.
- For more info: Check out Arirang Korea’s website
Courtesy of Pop! Goes the World
Toronto K-pop Con
- What: A one-day K-pop convention and concert (NU’EST). More details coming soon.
- Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre (255 Front Street West)
- When: Saturday, May 2 at 11:00am – 11:00pm
- Why: Gather with other K-pop/Hallyu lovers, attend panels, learn at the workshops, watch local talent and then be wowed by NU’EST.
Canadian Music Week (CMW)
- What: Now in its 33rd year, Canadian Music Week (CMW) is recognized as one of the premier music conferences and festivals in North America; and Canada’s largest music festival.
- Where: Various locations in Toronto
- When: May 1-10, 2015 (no exact dates yet)
- Why: Lots and lots of music!
- Korean indie band, Love X Stereo (read our interview with them here or our review of them here) is confirmed
- Korean hip-hop artists and groups: LunaFly, VerbalJint, Sultan of the Disco, and 1llionaire Records.
- How much: Wristbands – $75-150, no individual ticket prices yet
- For more info: Check out their website
Lunafly in Toronto
- What: Come see Lunafly at this all ages showcase. It is a standing room with a great stage and sound system. You’ll be up close and personal with them and at an affordable price!
- Where: Club Nocturne (550 Queen Street West)
- Why: Umm… great music of course! Plus they are unveiling 2 new members so be among the first to meet them.
- Tickets: Online (they go on sale March 6 at 7:00 pm EST)
- How much:
- VIP: Early Entry Admission + Meet & Greet – $75
- General admission – $40,
Toronto Korean Film Festival
Bigger. Better. Crazier.
- What: No details yet but assume it’s a concert
- When: Sunday, June 14th at 7:00 pm
- Why: It’s by Kpop Me, the people behind the Dok2 & The Quiett concert as well as the Eric Nam concert
- For more info: check out their Facebook page
Want your event listed? Please let us know!! Send an email to the editor at cindy@ATKmagazine.com about any Korean-related event, concert, film, performance or festival and we’ll add it to the calendar. Invite us to cover your event and we’ll help promote it too! ^^