We’ve got three pairs of tickets to give away for two films at this year’s Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (Reel Asian). As a Community Partner for both Gook by Justin Chon and the closing film, Stand Up Man, by Aram Collier, we’re happy to be able to give you the chance to see the films. Because you’re not going to want to miss either of them.
Justin Chon | USA | 2017 | Rated 14A | 94:00 | English, Korean with English subtitles | Toronto Premiere
- Sunday November 12 @ 3:00 pm | TIFF Bell Lightbox, Cinema 2 (350 King Street West)
Set during the 1992 L.A. riots, Eli and Daniel, two Korean American brothers, own a struggling shoe store and have an unlikely friendship with Kamilla, a street wise 11-year-old African American girl. [synopsis provided by Reel Asian]
Stand Up Man
Aram Siu Wai Collier | Canada | 2017 | | 85:00 | English, Korean with English subtitles | Toronto Premiere
- Friday November 17 @ 7:00 pm | Isabel Bader Theatre (93 Charles Street West)
Forced to move back to hometown Windsor, wannabe comedian Moses Kim finds his dreams derailed in his family restaurant. Life gets more complicated when Moses’ teenage cousin from Korea unexpectedly shows up. [synopsis provided by Reel Asian]
How can you win tickets?
It’s easy! You can enter just once or go all out and enter via all three channels! Come on, you know you want to! But only one entry per channel per person will be counted (so max three entries per person). Here’s how:
1. Leave a comment below letting me know which film – Gook or Stand Up Man – you want to win tickets to see at Reel Asian.
2. “Like” ATK Magazine on Facebook AND leave a comment telling us which film you want to win tickets to see – Gook or Stand Up Man.
3. Follow @ATKmagazine on Twitter AND tweet one of the following:
“I want to see Gook at @ReelAsian. Enter to win 2 tix at http://ow.ly/raev30g4EDK via @ATKmagazine #ReelAsian21”
“I want to see Stand Up Man at @ReelAsian. Enter to win 2 tix at http://ow.ly/raev30g4EDK via @ATKmagazine #ReelAsian21”
We have three pairs of tickets to give away for each film so don’t be afraid to enter!
The Fine Print
Now it’s time for the boring but necessary rules.
- Contest is open from now (Tuesday, October 24) to Sunday, November 5, 2017 at noon.
- Max 3 entries per person (yep, that’s right – you can enter once via each of the 3 channels but just once per channel).
- Winner must reply to our email, tweet or Facebook message within 48 hours to claim prize and answer the following skill-testing question: 4×5-2+12=?
- Winner must be able to attend the screening (because why else would you enter, lol).
We will randomly draw six winners (three per film) on Sunday, November 5th and contact them via the channel they entered. Good luck!
So don’t wait, enter now. Ready, set… go!