We’re hiring :) Write for us!
Hello to all our lovely readers! Thanks for being so wonderful and of course, thanks for reading. ^^ I’m writing today to ask for your help. You see, we want to bring you more articles about more topics from more points of view. But to do so, we need more writers. Which means we need your help!
I already know that you’re interested in some aspect, and perhaps more than one, of Korean culture and pop culture. But perhaps you also like to write? Perhaps you like to share your opinion and thoughts about things you’re interested in? Perhaps you like to listen to music or read books or eat out… and then write about it afterwards? Or perhaps you’re living in Korea and want to share your experiences?
If so, we want to hear from you!! Seriously, we do. I get asked often about how I got started, it’s simple… I started writing and this could be your chance to write for a wider audience too. And applying is easy, just fill in the handy-dandy application form below (it will take you 5 minutes or less).
Don’t worry if you’re not a writer, ATK Magazine is also looking for photographers, a graphic designer and videographer. All positions except the videographer are open to anyone, anywhere. You don’t have to be in Toronto or even Canada – we’re an online magazine so you can write from anywhere there’s internet. Unfortunately, the videographer position is Toronto-based but for any of the others, you can be based anywhere in the world.
Want to know more? Of course you do!
Here’s what we expect of you
Just a couple of things to make ATK function smoothly (and my job easier ^^)… don’t worry, they are all simple and quite painless.
- Write one post a month – That’s the big commitment. You need to submit one article on the first Friday of each month. Don’t worry though, you can always write more. ^^
- Follow a style guide – Make my job as editor easy by following our basic style guide (provided for you upon acceptance). Plus, I’m trying to make it easier for you too.
- Write in English – English is the common language of our readers so all our articles are written in English. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be your native language, you just need to be able to write in it.
Please note: these are unpaid staff positions. While I would love to pay our lovely writers – both new and experienced – ATK Magazine doesn’t make any money, it’s a labour of love. But writing for us is a great way to gain experience, exposure and make some amazing contacts. And there may be other benefits like press passes, product samples, etc. that could save you money.
What can you write about?
Anything Korean focused. Seriously, it doesn’t have to be about music, films, dramas or food… you can write about whatever interests you. However, I recommend you pick one topic – K-pop or Korean fashion or Korean literature – and build a column around it as that makes it easier for you to build a loyal audience of readers.
Topics we would really like writers in:
- K-pop – I’m not joking, I really want a K-pop writer as I can’t really write about it as I don’t listen to much. And we don’t currently have anyone writing about K-pop. Bonus points if you’re a photographer as well!
- Korean fashion – We have readers that are interested but no writers.
- Korean travel/living in Korea – Always a popular topic.
- Korean literature – A topic I’d like to read more about.
- Learning Korean – Lots of people are and they’re also interested in reading about it.
Want to write about something I didn’t mention, pitch it to us!
How does it benefit you?
While ATK can’t pay you, yet, there are benefits to working for us. Depending on what you write about, you can attend concerts, festivals and events as media (this means free) which saves you money. You might get the chance to interview musicians or filmmakers. You could get the chance to review products or test out new things or attend fun, invite-only events.
And of course, you’ll meet lots of other fun people all while gaining experience.
How to apply?
Just fill in the form below. Simple!