Do you like Korean food? Do you love to cook? Ever wanted to see how your dishes measure up to others?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, then you will want to enter the Arirang Chef Korea competition! I’m actually a little bummed that I can’t enter it but I’m one of the judges so my consolation prize is being able to check out all the fabulous and delicious recipes and dishes. I can’t wait to see all the different bulgogi recipes (the dish for the preliminary round). And I’m even more excited to see what the five finalists cook up for the final round! Oh, I can’t wait!
Want to learn more?
Of course you do! The contest is open to anyone but you need to be available on April 23, 2015 for the finale. For the preliminary round, participants will be making bulgogi (불고기, marinated beef) and the five talented cooks who make it to the final round will have an open menu.
What can you win?
- Grand Prize: $300 Cash
- 2nd Prize: Gift Set by Missha Canada
- 3rd Prize: $100 Galleria Supermarket Certificate
In addition, the grand prize winner will be invited to appear on the ‘Beautiful Journey’ talk show on Arirang Korea TV, their recipe will be featured on The With Magazine and it will be available for sale at Galleria Supermarket. Pretty cool!
Just the Facts
- What: A Korean food cooking competition open to all.
- Preliminary round: Galleria Supermarket (York Mills Branch) at 865 York Mills Road, Toronto
- Final round: Galleria Supermarket (Thornhill Branch) at 7040 Yonge Street, Thornhill
- Preliminary round: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 @ 6:30pm
- Final round: Thursday, April 23, 2015 @ 9:00pm
- How to register: Download the registration_form, fill it in and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline to enter: Sunday, April 5, 2015
- For more info: Check out Arirang Korea’s website
What are you waiting for? Enter this fun cooking contest now!