If you read this morning’s article, than you know I’m going on a super-duper exciting “business” trip to Korea. I put “business” in quotation marks because, while it is a business trip, it’s also going to be so much fun that it’s more of a vacation for pleasure. Isn’t it fabulous when you love your job this much?!
But since I’ve had some great news, I want to share a fabulous contest with you! It’s a video contest run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea and Arirang TV. And of course, there are some great prizes.
What do you have to do?
Choose one of the topics below and make a 3-minute-long video clip about it. Easy! Share your experiences, impressions and anything else you wish to show.
1. My best Korean friend (neighbor, teacher, colleague or anyone else) is…
Please introduce your best Korean friend (neighbor, teacher, colleague and anyone else) and tell us how he/she has made such a good impression. Please share the good influence this person has had on your life.
2. My favorite Korean food is…
Please introduce your favorite Korean food and tell us why it is your favorite. In addition, please share any experience you may have with cooking it or if you have your own special recipe.
What can you win?
I know this is what everyone is wondering. There are some impressive prizes so get your camera and start filming. There are 10 prizes in total and yep, the grand prize is a car! Cool, eh?!
- Grand Prize (1) – Korean brand car
- Gold Prize (2) – Korean brand laptop PC
- Silver Prize (3) – Korean brand tablet PC
- Bronze Prize (4) – Korean brand digital camera
Who can enter?
Pretty much any non-Korean (Sorry, it’s also not open to those of Korean descent either) regardless of age or nationality.
Curious why it’s not open to Koreans or those of Korean descent? Here’s what the sponsors have to say:
Please note that this contest is intended to increase our understanding of non-Korean perceptions of Korea, and Korean nationals overseas and those of Korean descent are not eligible for this contest.
When can I enter?
The contest is now open! It closes August 9, 2013, 18:00 (Korean local time) so you have two weeks. Just be careful about entering at the last-minute because it’s 6pm Korean time, not 6pm your time.
How to enter?
- Select only one topic and make a video no longer than 3 minutes. (The video may be made with any device, such as a cellphone, digital camera, video camera, or any other digital device.)
- Upload the video on YouTube or any other legal video-sharing website.
- Fill in the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, please refer to the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto’s website. You can also download the application form there as well. Or you can read the details here: VideoContest Info and download the application here: application.
Come on, I know you want to enter! Share your love of Korea with the world and maybe win a fabulous prize. How cool is that?